Tystie * * * *
Tystie is the Shetland dialect term for thebird known as the 'Black Guillimot' in English.
The one bedroom apartments are on the 1st floor of The Decca, and have just been completed in April 2010, finalising our renovation of the old Radio Navigational Signal Station. Steve designed and built the apartments himself, utilising the coombed ceilings and the whole of the 1st floor area.
Tystie has its own door, opening into the open plan living area, cleverly integrating a fully equipped quality kitchen, living and dining area. There is a shower room, and double bedroom open off from the living area.The apartment has been finished in Ash, and the main area floored with Karndean Flooring, while the bedroom has luxurious thick carpeting.
- Ceramic cooker with double oven
- Integrated Dishwasher
- Integrated washer/drier
- Ample crockery and cutlery
- Large variety of pans, dishes and other cooking and baking equipment.
- Dining Table and 2 Chairs
- 2 seater leather couch.
- LCD television with integrated DVD and Freeview
- Ipod docking station with CD and radio
- Shetland Books, books, games and DVDs
- Toilet and wash hand basin.
- Wet wall panelling.
- Heated towel rail
- Double divan bed
- 13.5 tog duck feather duvets (kingsize on double beds)
- Quality 100% cotton bedding draped with 100% Shetland woollen blankets for the colder nights.
- Hair drier
- Full length mirror
- Bespoke Ash wardrobe and drawers
- Clothes Airer, pegs and basket
Heating is by storage heaters and electric panel heaters. All bed linen, towels and dish-towels are provided. In stock for your arrival are toilet rolls and kitchen roll, Shetland Soap Company hand soap & shower gel, dish washing liquid, salt and pepper, tea, coffee, sugar and milk. Ironing facilities and vacuum cleaner are also supplied.
Also available:- Daily Service (book on Booking Form)
Continental breakfast supplied - (fruit juice, cereal, milk, bread, butter, marmalade, eggs, tea and coffee), apartment cleaned, towels changed, beds made / changed.