Skarf * * *
Skarf is the Shetland dialect term for the bird known as the 'Shag' in English.
Skarf was Self Catering Shetland's first house in The Decca to be opened, in April 2003.
This attractive 2 storey accommodation on the outskirts of Lerwick is part of The Decca, which is situated in peaceful countryside and yet is just five minutes from Lerwick town centre by car, 20 – 30 minutes walk to the supermarket and museum respectively. Take the hill road, with its panoramic view of Lerwick and Breiwick Bay and you are at The Clickimin leisure centre within 20 minutes, and at the South End of Lerwick where you will find the Clickimin Broch in 25 minutes.
Skarf has been tastefully furnished and equipped. Providing all the comforts you need, providing a perfect base, while you are in Shetland.
The kitchen is light and airy, and is fully equipped with all the crockery, cutlery, pots, pans and utensils etc you need to make beans on toast or a full three course meal! In the living room, which is fully carpeted there is a leather suite and a rocking chair, LCD TV with integrated Freeview and DVD. There are also some games, books and DVDs for your enjoyment, along with Shetland literature.
The Bathroom is fully equipped with a separate bath andshower.
** NEW ** We now have also have a Shower Room on the first floor between the two bedrooms.
There is a double bed downstairs, and upstairs there is a double and twin bedroom - each have deep comfortable mattresses and plenty of built in storage space.
- Wooden laminate flooring
- Ceramic cooker with double oven
- Dining Table and 6 Chairs
- Ample crockery and cutlery
- Large variety of pans, dishes and other cooking and baking equipment.
- Leather suite
- Rocking Chair
- Electric Coal effect fire
- LCD television with DVD and freeview
- Coffee Table, shelving, Shetland Books, books games and DVDs
- Shower (drain cut into the floor for disabled use)
- Bath, toilet and wash hand basin.
- Heated towel rail
- Cubicle shower
- Toilet and wash hand basin
- Heated towel rail
- 2 double bedrooms and 1 twin bedroom
- 13.5 tog feather & down kingsize and single duvets (we can provide non-feather duvets on request)
- Quality 100% cotton bedding draped with 100% Shetland woollen blankets for the colder nights.
- Hair drier
- Full length mirror
- Ample drawer and cupboard space
- Extra blankets
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Drier
- Ironing facilities
- Clothes Airer, pegs and basket
- Vacuum cleaner, sweeping brush and shovel
Heating is by storage heaters and electric panel heaters. All bed linen, towels and dish-towels are provided. In stock for your arrival are toilet rolls and kitchen roll, Shetland Soap Company hand soap & shower gel, dish washing liquid, dish washing tablets, salt and pepper, tea, coffee, sugar and milk.