We have given personal attention to detail when we created our Self Catering accommodation in Lerwick, Shetland's main town, where our apartments are based in two different locations.
Whatever your reason for coming to Shetland, whether for business or holidays, or visiting family and friends, you will find that we can accommodate your needs with ease. Our visitors are important to us, and over the past 16 years we have listened to what they have said about their stay at Self Catering Shetland, and have tweaked and adapted our service accordingly.
'If we can arrange it, we will. If we are unable to arrange it, we will endeavour to find someone who can.'
Our Key Features are below.
The Decca is located on the edge of Lerwick and was Shetland's Radio Navigational Signal Station for 35 years until the early 1990's. In 2002 we bought the Station, which Steve has personally renovated, and in 2010 we completed our transformation project to create a perfect haven for the discerning visitor to Shetland.
The Decca is enclosed by cream wooden fencing, giving seclusion to the 12 space car park and large garden which surrounds the building, with picnic tables and benches for those 'Alfresco' moments – yes, even in Shetland!
The Decca is perfect for country stillness and town facilities. Being on the edge of the town it is in a rural setting, but just five minutes drive away from the heart of town. A 30 minute walk takes you to our fantastic new museum, passing by the Co-op supermarket, cafes and shops along the way. Ideal if you are looking for a rural feel, with easy access to our local pubs and restaurants at night.
Corbie is our town flat, on the ground floor of 63 Burgh Road. When it was built at the turn of the last century it was considered to be on the edge of town (borough/burgh), but now, it couldn't be more central.
KEY FEATURES AT
Self-Catering Shetland Apartments...
- Check Availability in our 'Up to the minute' Availability Calendar, which automatically updates when a booking is processed from this website.
- Book online with the option to pay by credit card or by cheque.
- Our minimum stay is two nights (one night if booking within 4 weeks of date of arrival).
- One night bookings only accepted 4 weeks prior to arrival or earlier if filling in between two bookings.
- Check in Time: from 14.00 hrs on day of arrival.
- Check out Time: by 10.00 hrs on day of departure.
- Electricity is included in the price.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- We are happy to collect you from the Lerwick Ferry Terminal or the Viking Bus Station and take you to your accommodation.
- When you are staying longer than 14 days we come along and change the bed linen and towels, midway.
- All properties are non-smoking
- Travel cot, bedding, baby bath and high chair, plates, cups, socket covers and a stair gate for the houses.
- Toilet raiser and mobile shower chair.
- Walkers pack – a rucksack with flask, sandwichboxes, maps and info about walks and places of interest to take with you, while you are out and about.
- Anglers Welcome – valid fishing permit allowing anglers to fish in the many bountiful lochs in Shetland.
- Cyclist Welcome – a secure garage to store your bicycles and hang any wet clothing.
- Bikers Welcome - we can offer you a garage at The Decca, to store your bike.
- Sorry we do not take pets. However you may wish to contact our local Cattery GOTT CATS – 01595 840275 www.gottcats.co.uk
- Kennels GOTT FARM BOARDING KENNELS – 01595 840815 Also HOULLS HOURSES & HOUNDS - 07920 146229 www.houllshorsesandhounds.co.uk