We have given personal attention to detail when we created our Self Catering accommodation in Lerwick, Shetland's main town, where our apartments are based in two different locations.
Whatever your reason for coming to Shetland, whether it be business or on holiday, you will find that we can accommodate your needs with ease. Our visitors are important to us, and over the past 9 years we have listened to what they have said about their stay at Self Catering Shetland, and have tweaked and adapted our service accordingly.
'If we can arrange it, we will. If we are unable to arrange it, we will endeavour to find someone who can.'
The Decca The Decca is located on the edge of Lerwick and was Shetland's Radio Navigational Signal Station for 35 years until the early 1990's. In 2002 we bought the Station, which Steve has personally renovated, in 2010 we completed our transformation project to create a perfect haven for the discerning visitor to Shetland.
The Decca is enclosed by cream wooden fencing, giving seclusion to the 12 space car park and large garden which surrounds the building, with picnic tables and benches for those 'Alfresco' moments – yes even in Shetland.
The Decca is perfect for country stillness and town facilities. Being on the edge of the town it is in a rural setting, but just five minutes drive away from the heart of town. A 30 minute walk and you are at our fantastic new museum, and on the way you will pass the Co-op supermarket, cafes and shops. Ideal if you are looking for a rural feel, with easy access to our local pubs and restaurants at night.
|Name||bedrooms||Room Types||sleeps up to|
|Skarf||3||2 double rooms and 1 twin room||6|
|Grey Gos||3||1 double room and 2 twin rooms||6|
|Peerie Swaabie||2||2 double rooms||4|
|Skooty Allan||2||1 double room and 1 twin room||4|
|Rain Gos||2||2 twin rooms||4|
|Tammie Norie||1||1 twin room||2|
|Tirrick||1||1 double room||2|
|Tystie||1||1 double room||2|
Environmentally Friendly – The Green Tourist
In a world becoming increasingly concerned about how we treat our environment, you will be glad to know that The Decca has its own 15 kilowatt wind turbine supplying power to the eight apartments there. The 'Tidy Business Standards' Scheme were impressed too, and gave us a Gold Award in 2010. Now you can enjoy all the modern conveniences at The Decca, secure in the knowledge that they are operating in atruly eco-friendly manner.
Corbie is our town flat, on the ground floor of 63 Burgh Road. When it was built at the turn of the last century it was considered to be on the edge of town (borough/burgh), but now, it couldn't be more central.
|Name||bedrooms||Room Types||sleeps up to|
|Corbie||2||1 double room and 1 family room||5|
KEY FEATURES AT Self-Catering Shetland Apartments...
- Check Availability in our 'Up to the minute' Availability Calendar, which automatically updates when a booking is processed from this website.
- Book online with the option to pay by credit card or by cheque.
- Our minimum stay is two nights (one night if booking within 4 weeks of date of arrival).
- One night bookings only accepted 4 weeks prior to arrival or earlier if filling in between two bookings.
- Check in Time: from 14.00 hrs on day of arrival.
- Check out Time: by 10.00 hrs on day of departure.
- Electricity is included in the price.
- Free Wi-Fi
- We are happy to collect you from the Lerwick Ferry Terminal or the Viking Bus Station and take you to your accommodation.
- When you are staying longer than 14 days we come along and change the bed linen and towels, midway.
- All properties are non-smoking
- Landline/fax machine (£5 connection plus usage).
- Travel cot, bedding, baby bath and high chair, plates, cups, socket covers and a stair gate for the houses.
- Toilet raiser and mobile shower chair.
- Walkers pack – a rucksack with flask, sandwichboxes, maps and info about walks and places of interest to take with you, while you are out and about.
- Anglers Welcome – valid fishing permit allowing anglers to fish in the many bountiful lochs in Shetland.
- Cyclist Welcome – a secure garage to store your bicycles and hang any wet clothing.
- Bikers Welcome - we can offer you a garage at The Decca, to store your bike.
- Sorry we do not take pets. However you may wish to contact our local Cattery GOTT CATS – 01595 840275 or
Kennels GOTT FARM BOARDING KENNELS – 01595 840330.