Grey Gös is the Shetland dialect term forthe bird known as the 'Greylag Goose' in English.
Grey Gös was Self Catering Shetland's second house to beopened at The Decca, in June 2003.
This attractive 2 storey accommodation on the edge ofLerwick is part of The Decca, with views out to Bressay and Noss from thekitchen. It is situated in peaceful countryside and yet is just five minutesfrom Lerwick town centre by car, 20 –30 minutes walk to the supermarket andmuseum respectively. Take the hill road, with its panoramic view of Lerwick and Breiwick Bay and you are at The Clickimin leisure centre within 20 minutes, and at the South End of Lerwick where you will find the Clickimin Broch with in 25 minutes.
Grey Gös has been tastefully furnished and equipped. Providing all the comforts you need, providing a perfect base while you are inShetland.
The kitchen is light and airy, and is fully equipped withall the crockery, cutlery, pots, pans and utensils etc you need to make beanson toast or a full three course meal! In the living room, which is fully carpeted there is a leather suite and a reclining chair, television, Freeviewand DVD/VCR. There are also some games, books, and DVDs for your enjoyment, along with Shetland literature.
The Bathroom is fully equipped with a separate bath and shower.
There is a double bed downstairs, and upstairs there are two twin bedrooms - each have deep comfortable mattresses and plenty of builtin storage space.
Grey Gos Features
- Wooden laminate flooring
- Ceramic cooker with double oven
- Fridge / Freezer
- Dining Table and 6 Chairs
- Ample crockery and cutlery
- Large variety of pans, dishes and other cooking and baking equipment.
- Reclining leather Chair
- Electric Coal effect fire
- Television, DVD/VCR and freeview
- CoffeeTable, shelving, Shetland Books, books games and DVDs
- Shower (drain cut into the floor for disabled use)
- Bath, toilet and wash hand basin.
- Heated towel rail
- 1 double bedroom and 2 twin bedrooms
- 15 tog duvets (kingsize on the doubles)
- Quality 100% cotton bedding draped with 100% Shetland woollen blankets for the colder nights.
- Hair drier
- Full-length mirror
- Ample drawer and cupboard space
- Extra blankets
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Drier
- Ironing facilities
- Clothes Airer, pegs and basket
- Vacuum cleaner, sweeping brush and shovel
Heating is by storage heaters and electric panel heaters. All bed linen, towels and dish-towels are provided. In stock for your arrival is a toilet roll and a kitchen roll, Shetland Soap Company hand soap & shower gel, dish washing liquid, dish washing tablets, salt and pepper, tea, coffee, sugar and milk.
Also available :- Daily Service (book on Booking Form)
Continental breakfast supplied - (fruit juice, cereal, milk, bread, butter, marmalade. eggs, tea and coffee) toilet rolls, apartment cleaned, towels changed, beds made / changed.